This one is tough, since I generally read everything an author has written as soon as I figure out I love that author. Please see Karin Slaughter & Simone St. James. However, I have plenty of ‘guilty pleasure’ authors & a couple of non-fiction authors that I read more sporadically.
My Guilty Pleasure Authors:
- A Deeper Darkness by JT Ellison – I loved her Taylor Jackson series (I apparently missed one of those as well, but I’m not changing my list!), so I can’t wait to get started on the Dr. Samantha Owens series!
- Find Her by Lisa Gardner – I’ve read all but 7 of Gardner’s books (not counting .5s or her romance novels) and I can’t get enough of them. This is the 8th in the D.D. Warren series & I’d like to catch up before the 10th comes out next year.
- Down the Darkest Road by Tami Hoag – I rediscovered Tami Hoag this year and I’m a big fan. I’ve heard this is the weakest in her Oak Knoll series, but I’d like to find out for myself. Her weakest book is still stronger than most.
- I’ll Walk Alone by Mary Higgins Clark – Mary Higgins Clark is such a classic – I know what I’m getting into and that I’m going to enjoy to enjoy myself. Plus, a woman is on video kidnapping her own kid but she didn’t do it, I’m in.
- The Lost City of the Monkey God by Douglas Preston – I like Preston’s fiction works too, but this one has all the things I love. A lost city, mysterious illness, adventure, history, etc.
- Solutions and Other Problems by Allie Brosh – I connect with Allie Brosh’s illustrations and stories on a soul-level. I don’t know how I haven’t read this.
- Hell’s Princess by Harold Schecter – I have quite a few of his books waiting on the shelves, but I’m very very interested in his take on Belle Gunness.
The Current ‘Favorite’:
I’m currently reading all the Charles Todd books I can. Well, I will be once I get done with all the books I need to read. I’ve been turning to British cozy mystery tv shows, so it’s no surprise that I’m drawn to (what I consider) British cozy mystery books. It may be a bit cheating to have 3 books from the same author, but I don’t care.