Welcome to my first recipe post! Luckily for y’all, if I keep doing these posts, I have 0 children so I won’t ever talk about sneaking veggies past their super sensitive palates. Also, Shane eats everything except sweets so I won’t have to talk about how picky of an eater he is.
On to the best, simplest Christmas cookies ever. No pictures, though, since my mom is making them this year & I refuse to go digging for pictures from last year.
Stuff to gather:
- 3/4 cup of semisweet chocolate chips
- 3/4 cup of butterscotch chips
- 1-2 T creamy peanut butter
- Or any other nut butter, or leave it out.
- 1 1/2 cups (more or less – you do you) of chow mein noodles.
- You can use peanuts, but that’s an inferior situation 😉
Putting it together:
- Put everything except the noodles in a microwave safe bowl or in an improvised double boiler.
- Melt it all together (either microwave with lots of breaks or using the boil/bowl method).
- Mix it a bit.
- Throw those noodles in.
- Mix some more.
- Line a tray/baking sheet/countertop with wax paper
- Use your biggest spoon and scoop spoonfuls of the deliciousness until you’re out of mix.
- Throw your tray/baking sheet/slice of wax paper into the fridge for *at least* an hour.
- Eat too many & get a sugar headache.
- Store the few left in an airtight container on your counter.
- Or get a loved one to hide them from you and dole them out as needed.
Note: Be careful, those noodles are super hard to bite through.